Saturday, November 2, 2013

CLOROX GROUT CLEANER

How to clean grout
1-2-3 Clean Your Grout!

The BEST Grout Cleaner 





So are you ready to FINALLY get your tile floors and grout lines cleaned?  I have tried a few different products over the years, ranging from homemade mixes that I found on the internet to expensive grout cleaners.  All of them worked a little bit, but I always found something I didn't like about them.  Some were very expensive and you needed several bottles to complete one floor, some had a very strong odor, and others required a lot of time and scrubbing.  In the end, I always wound up only completing a small section of the floor before I got totally bored and frustrated.  One day, while desperate to clean my shower and having nothing on hand I thought i try the only cleaner I had in the house; Clorox toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.  To my surprise it worked quite well on the shower and gave it an instant cleaning.  I then started to think "well, what else can this stuff clean".  I immediately thought of the dirty grout lines on my tile floor in the kitchen.  I tested it on a small section and couldn't believe how fast and easy it cleaned the disgusting grout lines in my kitchen.
So I decided I would finally commit to cleaning the kitchen floor!

So began the 1-2-3 Grout Challenge!

1 product, less then 2 hrs and a total cost of under 3 dollars!!!

So gather your supplies and lets begin!


There really is no trick to doing this.  I simply took my Clorox cleaner (its a gel, so it poured perfectly into the grout lines) and started to pour the cleaner onto about a 3 foot by 3 foot section of tile floor.  I then let the gel cleaner sit on the grout lines for approximately 10 minutes.  I then took my hard plastic bristle brush and lightly scrubbed the cleaner into the grout lines.  I found that it really didn't take a lot of effort, the cleaner really did most of the work.  I then let the scrubbed in cleaner sit for approximately another 5 minutes.  Next I took a wet mop and cleaned up the cleaner.  I then moved onto the next section and repeated the above steps.  The only warning I would give is to be very careful while walking on the floor until you mop up the solution.  The floor will be very slippery!  I was scared at first thinking that the floor was going to stay slippery, but once I mopped the whole floor when I was done and it dried, the floor was perfectly fine.  The original color of my kitchen grout lines were a very light sanded gray.  I also did my bathroom tile which has bright white sanded grout lines (I wish I took before and after pics because the difference in there was unbelievable).  Sorry I do not have dark grout lines anywhere in my house, so I cannot tell you how the Clorox cleaner will work on those.

So that's really it.  One bottle of Clorox gel cleaner, one plastic hard bristle brush and a couple of hours and you will have professionally cleaned tile floor and grout lines!

Even though my kitchen floors get mopped every day, the grout lines were just disgusting.  This kitchen floor is about 15 years old and this is the first time I really cleaned the grout lines.  It's hard to believe looking at these pictures that the grout lines were that dirty.  It truly looked like a new kitchen floor when I was done!








Hope you take the 1-2-3 Challenge and finally have the clean kitchen or bathroom floors that you always dreamed of!!!



GOOD LUCK!!!



Thanks so much visiting!!!


To checkout my Instagram 

Xoxo Biala_Bean


49 comments:

  1. I've done this and it works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was your tile white? Mine is beige with beige grout, I was wondering about discoloration.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tiffanita....I couldn't believe how well this stuff worked also!

      Delete
    3. Hi fluffyslippers....The tile in my kitchen is white with light grey sanded grout lines. I also did the tile floor in my bathroom and that tile is blue with white grout lines. The bleach cleanser did not discolor the blue tile at all. I can not tell you for certain that it would not discolor your tile since I did not try it on beige tiles or beige grout, but as I mentioned above it did not discolor my blue tiles or my grey grout. Maybe you can test it in a hidden spot to be certain. Good Luck if you do try it and thanks for the question!
      xoxo
      Chris

      Delete
    4. THIS IS AWESOME!!! Thank you SO MUCH for this. I have been complaining about my tile for years. I thought the only way to get it really clean would be to hire someone like Stanley Steamer. So glad I can do it on my own! Thank you thank you thank you. It really works so simple..... I am recommending this to everyone I know. LOVE IT!!!!!

      Delete
    5. Just be sure you use a grout sealer after you've finished. You will find the dirt stays on top of sealer rather than getting into the grout.

      Delete
    6. It really works and I used Mr Clean magic eraser to rub the grout and it did a very good job..

      Delete
  2. I am on this so fast I cant believe it. Trying for years with way too much work

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should use a grout sealer (available at hardware stores) once its clean and it will stay cleaner longer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bartenders Friend also works AND teeth whitening mouthwash, too!!!!! (using a toothbrush!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well ladies...I'm in!
    I will be doing this, as I too, have wasted many many hours to only get it a 'little clean'...and way too much work!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Charlotte from AZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I saw this pin and actually tried it. Oh my goodness, it was so easy. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning homes for a living can be Soooooooooooo very easy with GREAT tips like this.
    Thank you so very much
    sherryels

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited to see this....have tried everything!!....going to try this asap...thx, Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  9. And once it's clean........Seal it with a really good grout sealer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok, so I tried it and it worked out perfectly!!!...I'm posting about it today and I referred back to your post...hope that's ok...thanks again for this great tip!!
    Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot. Will be doing this on my tile floors. Old ceramic tile in baths, ugh. About 40 yrs old and I have scrubbed many times to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This might sound odd, but a family member has an old farm sink in her kitchen and they have very hard well water. For the last several years, this sink has had a mixture of ground-in soil, hard water stains and rust stains that simply would not come out. I have tried every product in their house to clean it, to no avail. One day I grabbed the toilet bowl cleaner and figured I had nothing to lose by trying it. That sink was pure white in 5 minutes after using this!! Best it has ever looked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a similar experience using toilet bowl cleaner (the 99 cent variety from a dollar store) to remove completely an old and large rust stain from an old bath tub. It came out of the porcelain completely.

      Delete
  13. Has anyone tried this with porcelain tile?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! So much easier than all the scrubbing on my hands and knees than I used to do! Texted a picture of mt kitchen to my sister and she did hers the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This also works great (with a little elbow grease) to clean out any mold stains you have in your front load washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this correlation. I have been scrubbing and scrubbing my front load trying to get the mold out. (We just started renting a duplex and it is not our washer) I will try this today to see if I can get those out. The Washer is disgusting and nothing was working. Thank you

      Delete
  16. LOL ... I thought I was the only one who did this ... it works great ! I did use a grout sealer after 24 hours to help keep them stay clean ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Worked amazingly well. My kitchen grout was dark from years of use but after using this it was all brought back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Will this be safe to use on marble floors?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really very useful for Domestic Cleaning , it solve many problem related to cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used this on brown tile with light tan grout. Worked beautifully with no discoloration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope this works in my shower. I've never had to deal with tile and grout before. We've lived in our new home for almost 3 years and I've had the worse time with cleaning my shower. I just gave up and just keep it clean enough. Not as pretty as I'd like it. I can't wait to try this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is AMAZING and so simple. It works PERFECTLY! Wear socks if you do the entire kitchen at once - its slick! I am addicted and started cleaning grout in EVERY room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So happy I found this cleaning tip. Finishing my kitchen now and getting a couple bottles more for my hallways plus a grout sealer. Two days ago I got an estimate $350. for having it professionally done.


    ReplyDelete
  24. I got an estimate for 180. for a small are to clean the grout. I was so happy when I saw this and tried it right away!! I only let it sit maybe 2 minutes and it scrubbed right off with little effort!! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What about pets? I guess you'd just have to rinse really well?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Works great! Does take a lot of rinsing but looks so clean after!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes it wks, very slippery had to rinse several times and used white ving to help cut soap and smells very minty...but did clean grout back to white...

    ReplyDelete
  28. This really worked! So quick and easy! Thanks for a great tip

    ReplyDelete
  29. This worked great. I only had a small area to do in 1 of our bathrooms. We have well water, so I used the rust remover product since that's my issue is removing the rust stains. Worked great! I barely waited 10 minutes, just hit the trouble areas and wiped it good, then mopped the floor. Perfect! Thanks so much for the tip, saved me a ton of work!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  30. will the lysol toilet bowl cleaner work too

    ReplyDelete
  31. Using this product on my kitchen floor was truly miraculous! My house is over 40 years old and I tell you the grout was black with specs of mold throughout. I suspect the grout has never been cleaned in all those years. I Used the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner with bleach and in a few minutes the grout turned a peach color. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. best post on here it works great

    ReplyDelete
  33. Helpful post!!! I am able to find good advice from your content.Thank you so much for your info.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I tested a small section using Aldi's toilet cleaner (which is a green coloured thick gel) on my kitchen floor and it worked perfectly, the grout used to be a dark blackish colour and is now a light grey. I only left it on 1-2 minutes before giving it a light scrub with an old toothbrush and wiped it off with a chux cloth. Now I know it works I will finish off the rest of the tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is amazing. I did my kitchen floor. I have a sand color grout, it worked great. The difference was like her pictures. I had bought one of those power scrubbing brushes before to clean my showers and used it. It did not take any effort at all. I also used it in my shower were I had not had any luck getting the grout clean in years, I have been ready to tear it all out and start over in the shower. This bought my husband a few more months on our bathroom remodel. The fumes from the clorox stay in the house a few days, but the result is sooo worth it.Highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Tried this yesterday after coming across your post. It was amazing!! It took me less than 2 hours to do my entire kitchen and it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing!! Worked like a charm. Almost no scrubbing at all. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazed by results. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks a lot. Will be doing this on my tile floors. Old ceramic tiles cleaning in baths, ugh. About 40 yrs old and I have scrubbed many times to no avail

    ReplyDelete
  40. This worked well on my bathroom shower floor, just had to leave it on a bit longer thanks,

    ReplyDelete

Please be a dear and leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...